Uplands Middle School

Uplands Middle School
Uplands Middle School

Saturday 29 March 2014

English...


I remember Mr Johnson reading us The Day of the Triffids. He was so good we were all spellbound.

I’m not sure if it was part of the English class, but I do remember that I entered a school poetry competition on the topic of Christmas one year. I won, and had the horrifying task of having to read out my poem in assembly to the entire school. My prize was tickets to an amateur dramatic performance of A Christmas Carol in a local hall, and I got given a Parker pen and was taken backstage to meet the cast afterwards. I went with my mum.
The poem began: “C is for the carols that are sung both far and wide, H is for the holly found in the countryside…..”. (Can’t remember the rest).

No comments:

Post a Comment